I have the BEST husband.... EVER!!!!!!!!! Cameron has been taking classes during the summer and this week is finals week. A couple of weeks ago we had been talking about our anniversary coming up and we realized it would fall right in the middle of finals, so we decided that we would celebrate the week after our anniversary. I was kind of bumbed, but I figured it didn't matter WHEN we celebrated, I mean we're married for Eternity so a couple days later won't really matter, right? As our anniversary was getting closer I was feeling pretty low about not being able to do anything on our anniversary. I knew it didn't really matter, but I was in serious need of a break from the kids and the house and between work and school I don't get to see Cameron much.
The night before our anniversary Keith was up all night. He had a cold and his nose was so stuffed up that he couldn't breath laying down, so Cameron and I took turns holding him in the rocking chair all night. Around 2am Keith decided that he only wanted me to hold him, so I spent the rest of the night trying to keep Keith comfortable. Cameron got up at 7am and got ready for work. Keith was FINALLY asleep by himself in the rocking chair, so I laid down in my bed and crashed out. Cameron usually gets Rosie up so I wasn't too worried about her and he gets me up before he leaves for work, if I'm not already up. When I woke up it was almost 9am and I could hear Keith and Rosie in the kitchen! Cameron leaves for work around 8am, so I thought he was either going to be late for work or that he woke up my sister Eliza to watch the kids till I got up. When I went out into the kitchen Cameron was making breakfast. I was too tired to realize that he wasn't in his work clothes and I thought my sleeping in was going to make him late for work. I started panicking and asked him why he was still at home, wasn't he going to be late for work and he could have woken me up. Cameron just smiled at me and said "I don't have work today.". That really threw me. Then I started thinking maybe it was Saturday, and I was so tired I just couldn't remember the rest of the week. It took me a bit to realize that he had taken work off on purpose so that he would be home for our anniversary!!! He'd planned on making me breakfast, but wasn't sure how to do it without me finding out. But since I'd been up most of the night, my sleeping in worked out perfectly for his plan. :) After breakfast he had to write a paper for a final, so while he did that I got ready for the day. Cameron had already asked my sister Eliza to watch the kids for the day, so after I was ready we left for Ogden and went and saw "Captain America". The movie was really good and it was fun to watch a movie without a kid crawling all over me or someone crying. After the movie we went hiking, which I've been wanting to do for the last 2 YEARS!!!! (hiking's hard to do when you're pregnant). For dinner we went to Texas Roadhouse, and I ate WAY too much. We walked our dinner off in RC Willey and picked out all of the furniture we want for our "Someday house". During the whole day we talked like we use to talk when we were dating. I realized we haven't had a REAL conversation in a while. We usually talk about the kids, work and school but never ourselves, our hopes and dreams, our plans for the future.... When we were dating, the thing I liked most about Cameron was the fact that I could talk so easily with him and he accepted me for who I am and he encouraged me to chase after my dreams.
Cameron had to go present a paper in the evening for one of his finals, so I sat outside the class room and listened. I'm so proud of my husband and all of the hard work he puts into his schooling. He was confident as he presented his paper and he sounded very professional. :) He covered all the points in his paper, so when he was finished the teacher didn't feel the need to ask any questions. He has such a clear way of explaining things and when he researches something, he looks at it from every angle so that he could teach the information if he needed to.
We came home after his final and rescued my sister. She was a good sport to watch our kids, but she said they were the best form of teenage pregnancy prevention. (not that she was thinking of having kids anytime soon) Keith and Rosie were happy to have us back home, which felt good. I'm home with the kids all of the time and sometimes I think they get tired of me, so it was nice to have them want me back.
Cameron is such a wonderful husband and father. He does so much for the kids and I. He's very thoughtful and does his best to ease our burdens, even when he's stressed out with school and work. Sometimes I get frustrated being home all of the time, but then I remember that it's because of all of Cameron's hard work that I'm ABLE to be home with the kids. I wouldn't want anyone else raising my kids and I am grateful to have this time with my children and for a husband that sacrifices so much so that I can be home.
These last three years have been wonderful. There have been some hard times, but mostly good times and I know that I wouldn't have wanted to spend these last three years with anyone else.
I love you Cameron Prescott, for time and all eternity. xoxoxox
1 comment:
He is a sweet man! You are lucky to have such a good husband..and I am lucky to have such a good brother.
Post a Comment