Keith and Rosie are growing like weeds. It amazes me how fast Keith learns things. He is starting to use more of his signs and he is trying to say a few more words. Last night he said "Liza". Eliza was pretty excited about it. She's the first person who's name he can say, or has attempted to say. Keith just cut his first front molars and is enjoying being able to chew things with them. Sometimes while he's eating he will stick his finger in his mouth to feel his new teeth. Its a relief having those molars finally! He was cutting them for almost 6 weeks and he was VERY ornery the whole time.
Rosie just had her 2 month check up; she is in the 54% for weight, 72% for height and 88% for her head. She weighs 10lbs 13oz and is 23 inches long. She has a beautiful smile and she loves to giggle. She is a very cuddly baby and loves any and all attention she can get. She has learned that if she fake cries someone will pick her up, and as soon as they do she giggles and gives them a big grin. I never realized just how different boys and girls are, even from infancy! She is very delicate and feminine where-as Keith has always been rough and masculine. Keith never really liked stuffed animals and was never very cuddly, but Rosie likes to have a stuffed animal tucked next to her in her bassinet and she LOVES to cuddle. Keith HATED being swaddled but Rosie loves the security of it. Keith fought taking naps or sleeping at all and Rosie will sleep for 7 hours straight at night and take multiple naps throughout the day. Both of them are good eaters though. Keith's new "thing" is that he WON'T eat fruit but he will eat ANY vegetable. The other day I was making pizza and I had sat him on the counter to watch me cut up the veggies to put on the pizza. I was cutting up red bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, olives and mushrooms. Keith sampled everything and would have eaten it all before it got onto the pizza if I had let him! But when I gave him some pineapple, he promptly spit it out and shoved some red onion in his mouth. What a crazy kid. I guess as long as he eats SOMETHING healthy, its all good. :)
Cameron is almost done with this semester!!! It has been rough on him working all day and then going to school at night, but he has done a really good job balancing work and school and he will be passing ALL of his classes. :) He's really enjoying his job and is hoping for another promotion sometime after the New Year starts.
This is probably vain, but I am very proud of myself for losing ALL of the baby weight by my 6 week post-partum check up. I weighed the same as I did at my first pre-natal appointment. It has been really nice living with my sister Brenna and her little family. We are able to watch one another's kids while we exercise or shower.... after I had Keith it took me about 4 months to figure out how to get a shower in before noon. But now I am ready for the day by at least 10am. :) I am enjoying the slow pace of Honeyville and being able to just play with my kids and watch them grow. Keith really likes having Hayden around to play with. Even thought he's 7 months younger than Keith, they are the same size and Hayden is a little less fragile than Rosie. Its so cute to watch them wrestle and play together. I hope they stay close cousins their whole lives.
Here are a bunch of pictures I have taken in the last couple of months. Enjoy.
1 comment:
I love all the pictures of Keith slobbering all over Rosie's face. He's such a funny baby, I think he's going to be quite the jokester when he grows up.
Post a Comment