Prescott Kiddos

Prescott Kiddos

Saturday, February 13, 2010

2010 and RSV

A new year and I'm already 2 months behind. I guess that just means lots of pictures and videos. :)
Keith has been growing and changing with every passing day. It amazes me all the things he can do now and how much he learns from day to day. He is becoming very vocal and quite the eater. He has realized what food is and that he LOVES it! We can no longer hold him while we eat because he will try to eat our food or pull the plate off the table. He is getting so good at sitting up by himself and is starting to try to move around. He's not a fan of being on his tummy so when he's sitting up he'll lean as far over as he can to get a toy and try to wiggle on his bum to get closer. Or if he's on his back he'll turn him self in circles or push off the floor with his feet and bridge up his back (kind of like the back stroke but on carpet).
But with all these fun and exciting things he's doing he's also gotten his first sickness: RSV :(
Keith got a cold about a week and a half ago and it seemed to hit him pretty hard over night. I called the Doctor's office and asked what symptoms I should look for before I brought him in. They said if he was having a hard time breathing while he was eating or just having a hard time breathing, and if his symptoms got progressively worse over the next couple of days. I kept a close watch on Keith and Cameron and his Brother Karl gave him a blessing. He seemed to be getting better after a couple of days and then, over night again, he was worse. He was more congested then he had been and he was starting to choke on the mucus which was making him throw up. I took him in to the Doctors Thursday evening and they diagnosed him with RSV. They said it was a mild case, but that he would still need to start on a breathing treatment. He had a breathing treatment every 4 hours Thursday night thru Friday night. His breathing is a lot clearer so we're now doing treatments every 6 hours. I think we've been really lucky and very blessed that he didn't get any sicker then he did. I know that a lot of you have been praying for baby Keith and I feel that is why he's getting better so fast. Thank you for your prayers. :)
Here are a bunch of pictures and videos of our little guy. Enjoy






PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!

I want your food. Share with me.
First bruise. :( He fell over and bumped his head on the desk in the bedroom.

His new trick is to stand between Cameron's legs. He can pretty much stand on his own, he just needs something to hold to balance himself.
Right before he started screaming at me. His breathing mask is supposed to look like a fish. I think it looks like a monster eating his face.






2 comments:

Neal said...

I love the pictures of Keith and Cameron together. They are SO cute!!! The picture of him getting his breathing treatment is so so sad! It reminds me of giving them to Zander. And the video of Keith loving his pea's is SO cute!!! Neal and I laughed and laughed. I can't believe how excited he gets for every spoonful!

Kuks said...

He is trying so hard to get in the right spot for his food. What a trooper. I am so glad that he is feeling better.
I miss watching him grow up.