Prescott Kiddos

Prescott Kiddos

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Card 2013

It has been a LONG time since I blogged last.  A lot has happened.  Cameron graduated from Weber State University with his Bachelors in Health Care Administration in December of 2012.  In April of 2013 he got a job as an administrator in Emmett ID and so we moved.  We bought our first house in August AND had our 3rd baby a few days after moving in.  Keith turned 4 in August, Rosie turned 3 in September and our beautiful baby Emma is 4 months old.  Cameron is the 2nd Counselor in the Elders Quorum in our Ward and I am the Mia Maid advisor.  I joined a Women's Choir here in Emmett and at our Christmas concert I sang a solo!
Moving has been a huge change for all of us.  Keith and Rosie had really only known Honeyville, so the move was a bit of a shock for them.  Cameron and I no longer live near either of our families so we have had to reach out and really make an effort to meet people.  Cameron and I are both Introverts, so going out of our way to meet people has been a little stressful, but our neighbors have all been very friendly and our Ward is really great about helping out if we ever need anything.  The kids have made some really good friends and are settling in nicely now.
Cameron's job is very time consuming and stressful.  We hear that after the first year as an Administrator, things get easier.  We keep hoping that is true.  However, his job has opened up new opportunities for our family and we are grateful for it.
Having 3 kids has also been an adjustment.  Luckily Emma is a very calm, easy going baby, so it hasn't been too hard.  The hardest thing is to keep Keith and Rosie from loving Emma to death!  Emma has started rolling over and trying to grab everything around her so now we are trying to baby proof everything.  I never realized how many small toys Keith and Rosie have acquired!
We decided to not do Pre-School but I am still working on getting Keith ready for Kindergarten next year.  We do "school" in the mornings for half an hour.  He is really smart and picks things up fast.  He is working on his hand writing and has started to ask how to write words.  He also really likes numbers so we do very simple adding and subtracting.
Rosie is not one to be left out and so she does everything Keith is doing.  Or at least she tries.  :)  Rosie really likes to color and draw and some of her pictures are quite entertaining.  She has a funny sense of humor and keeps us laughing.  She is also VERY head strong and won't let ANYONE tell her what to do.  If it isn't her idea, she WILL NOT DO IT.  That has been a challenge, but we are working with it and I hope we can help steer her in the right direction.

We love all of our friends and family and miss those that we are no longer close to.  We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and remember the true meaning of Christmas.

The Prescott Family

No comments: